Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

In this Weeks Haul.......Chanel!


You guys know that I only give myself a $40 allowance every week. Well, this week I went over by a whopping $5. LOL

I got to meet up with one of my YouTube pals (Lirpagall), she was telling me how she had found the dupe to Chanel's Paradoxal nail polish at Big Lots for $1. You know I had to jump on that, cuz I love anything that has anything to do with Chanel.
I went to my Big Lots and I found it. Yippee!!


While April and I were at the mall, I fell in love with a top at Macy's. I am not a Macy's shopper, everything is overpriced and not really my style. Unfortunately, I couldn't stop thinking about this top for two days, so I had to go and try it on. It fit beautifully. It has a mod style fit, with rouching on the sides that hug by tushy really nice. Plus it has pockets.Luckily it was 40% off, so I got it for $41 plus tax. OUCH!! I know!
It's a very nice and durable material though and it is wash and wear, no ironing, which I love.



One of the ways that I justify purchasing an item that is expensive, is breaking it down to cost per wear.
You divide the cost of the item by the times you will wear it.

So since my top was $40, and I will wear it atleast twice a month for a year.
So 2 wears x 12 months, equals 24 times that I will wear it. Now, divide the $40 by 24.
Which means that it costs me $1.67 cents to wear it. Which is not bad.

Now, if I bought a dress for a special occasion, that cost me $100, I would only be able to wear it about twice a year. So that cost per wear would be $50. That amount is not very practical.
This is a good tip to keep in mind when you are purchasing an expensive item.

Toodles!

1 comment: